Tulloch Developments Ltd. is a family company, with a history spanning three generations and almost 40 years.
Tulloch Developments Ltd can trace its history back nearly 40 years to a company set up by Peter Tulloch. Back then we traded in the building industry, building many private homes and housing schemes for the local Council.
The company - which became Tulloch Construction - grew, undertaking major building projects such as the Whalsay Leisure Centre, Brae Swimming Pool, and Mid Yell Care Centre.
When Peter Tulloch retired the company became Tulloch Developments Ltd, focussing more on the civil engineering sector. Major contracts awarded include the reflagging of Commercial Street in Lerwick, the development of the Cullivoe Pier and the Symbister Slipway, and improvements to the Aith road.
Frank Tulloch, son of founder Peter Tulloch, was joined by George Smith as a director in 2004/2005, and the company moved from the old premises in Bixter to a new site at Gremista in Lerwick.
To find out more about Tulloch Developments and the 10 reasons to choose them for your project, download our capabilties statement here.
Health & Safety
Tulloch Developments comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work act 1974 and all other acts, regulations and approved codes of practice.
Tulloch Developments Ltd. will comply with the health and safety policy as far as reasonably practical, to:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Provide equipment safe for work.
- Provide training in health and safety.
- Accept responsibility for the health and safety of all those operating in the service of the company and of those who may be affected by its business activities.
- Provide adequate resources to achieve the stated aims of this Policy.
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of their responsibility to co-operate with the company in order to achieve a safe and healthy workplace.
- Manage health and safety by assigning specific and general responsibilities to those who work in and for the company.
- Appoint one or more competent persons to provide advice on matters of health and safety.
- Monitor the performance of the company against the requirements of current health and safety legislation.
- Take appropriate action in the event of a failure to comply with the Policy.
We are currently working towards our SMS 18000:1 Accreditation. We hope to have this system up and running in the near future. We believe this will give us an excellent platform to progress in achieving the ISO 9000:1 and ISO 14000:1.